Monday, August 17, 2015

Mondays don't always suck

Paul E and Paige E started school. Our trip's timing could have been better, I suppose, but at the time we didn't realize how quick that time of year arrives down south. I was actually quite happy I got to see my nephew on his first day of high school, and my niece on her first day too.

While they were in school, we spent the better part of the day by the pool with my sister and her youngest son. Hot doesn't begin to describe the sun, but the three of us weren't about to complain. Summer in Maine is way too short, and the hot days are few and far between. I did come to the conclusion that a working vacation is not ideal, so I won't be doing that again.

I didn't get to spend nearly enough time relaxing by the pool, but it was great to see where my sister and her family lived - even if I had to work through a good part of the visit.

After dinner the kids started playing Guess What, and Amy and I joined in. Similar to Head's Up, this definitely is a game that's impossible to play quietly. Of course, it's not like my family does anything quietly ;)

A good night's sleep should get us ready for Tuesday...


No comments:

Post a Comment