Friday, August 14, 2015

Experiences - Collect as many as you can in the time you're given

I've always wanted to hop in a car and just drive. Granted, in my daydreams it's without destination; just driving wherever the day or night takes me. Without a plan, or rigid schedule of things to do and see, I've often wondered what memories would be made that any pre-arranged itinerary would have prevented.

Alas, no planning isn't in the cards for this trip; as the boys and I are on a timeline. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the East Coast with them. I've made the trip as far south as Virginia a few times, but never with them. The idea of traveling long distances with young kids never appealed to me. Now that they are grown, and I have a job that is essentially global, I decided to just do it!

We leave tonight (in the wee hours of Saturday morning, actually), and will arrive in Virginia to visit family Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning we make the long stretch of the trip to West Palm Beach to visit my sister and her family, who just moved there a month ago. I am all too aware this is likely to be a once in a lifetime adventure with my two loves, and thanks to technology, we get to document the shit out of it. Pictures, blog posts and videos to come!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see you!!!! I also can't wait to see and read about your trip!

    ReplyDelete