Monday, May 14, 2012

sync

Nothing here is new; these ideas, views and reflection have been, and will continue to be had, thought, shared and recognized by individuals around the world. Regardless of language, religion, belief and culture - at some point, in some way, it's there and it's true.

Friends and loved ones fulfill roles in our lives that are unique and tailored for each of us. How and why we gravitate to the people we do is what contributes to us being 'us'. My three closest friends are so different, yet somehow similar. Each one means something different to me and we interact based on the element of my energy that is most prevalent with theirs.

My male friends represent something apart from my female friends. But there is a distinct and specific connection with each person in my life that does not mirror that which I share with any other.

My attraction to a relationship with another person solidly stands with that element of myself that is most pronounced in their presence or by their energy. With friendships - I get it right nearly all the time. Amazingly, however, it's the exact opposite with love. What seemed like a good fit, typically leaves me with blisters or binding me in ways I hadn't thought possible. How can I make beneficial choices in friends, yet miss the mark every time with significant others? I am baffled.

No comments:

Post a Comment