Sunday, May 13, 2012
Is there light soon?
"Promised I would find a little solace and some peace of mind, whatever just as long as I don't feel so desperate and ravenous, so weak and powerless..." - A Perfect Circle - Weak and Powerless
These lyrics can certainly sum up my most recent state of heart and mind. Emotional strife - conflict that binds itself to so close to my core has been wreaking havoc on life. Feeling helpless and lost to help those I care most about coupled with complete and utter confusion over what is happening between they and I is draining. Maintaining faith, hope, belief or whatever you call it is something I alternate between barely achieving and failing miserably.
Painful issues and events overwhelm my soul, and there is little I can do to soothe the ache. Adopting a positive mantra has proven far more challenging than imagined; practicing hourly self-checks to correct or avoid defeatist thoughts. Oh and breathing. Amazing how breathing can keep a person from stepping too far into the dark.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment